It is a well known fact that a residents welfare association is a necessary wing in every gated community. These apartment associations help in organizing all public events in an apartment and play an active role in maintaining the apartment’s infrastructure by giving out responsibilities for all its members, so that they do their share for maintaining the apartment as a haven for harmonious living.
You’ll need to know the lowdown on what goes on within the ranks in an apartment in order to fit yourself into the association, and find your true calling in the group.
When an apartment association or resident welfare society is formed in an apartment complex, all apartment owners are termed as members and all tenants who are staying in the apartment on a rented basis are termed as associate members. All members together form the general body of the apartment association.
The top tier in an apartment complex is called as the Management Committee. This Management Committee comprises of a President, a Vice President, A Secretary, A Treasurer, and other office bearer members. Some of these roles have already been discussed earlier. People are voted into these respective positions by all members, excluding associate members.
The Management Committee in an apartment association serves as a section that deals with all legal issues and upholds human rights and other interests within the apartment. The Management Committee has its own fair share of duties in an apartment complex, a few of which have been discussed below.
Management Committee Duties
- The Management Committee in an apartment association is responsible for organizing public amenities for all residents in the apartment (including gyms, parks, and roads).
- The committee is also primarily responsible for organizing cultural activities during particular occasions like national holidays (flag hoisting and other group activities).
- The committee is in charge of organizing recreational facilities for all residents too.
- The Management Committee should defend the interests and rights of every single member in its ranks, especially in the face of legal issues and the like.
- The committee will also be responsible for handling all documents related to the apartment complex, and it has to ensure the safety of these documents too. The licensure and permission given for the building’s construction also needs to be maintained well by the committee.
- Maintaining financial records and bank accounts will also be the committee’s responsibility.
- The committee also has to ensure that the amount of money collected from all residents for maintenance purposes is effectively spent on repairing and improving the infrastructure and should maintain records for the same.
- The Management Committee should also conduct regular meetings including all members and discuss everyday issues and problems and doubts if any, which can be clarified during the course of these meetings.
All members of the apartment association should attend such organized meetings and should exercise their right to vote in the face of committee issues. They should also follow all guidelines stated by the Management Committee and in this way, contribute their part to the community, making the apartment complex a peaceful place to live and co-exist in!
ApnaComplex is an apartment managment software. We are now offering a 30-day no obligation free trial for every complex. Go ahead and register your complex and see how you can manage your complex more easily, efficiently, and effectively.