Apartment complexes are vast structures, and it can be hard to monitor what’s going on at any given point of time. Apartment complex safety has always been an important issue, and the need for safety measures is always there.
Why Apartment Complex Safety Is Primary
There’s been a collection shift in the urban lifestyle, and people are not moving into spaces like an apartment complex rather than opting for individual houses due to a general lack of space. While there are many advantages that living in an apartment complex can bring, apartment complex safety is something that you should always keep an eye out for.
Kids, especially, have a habit of throwing caution to the winds due to their inherent excitement and curiosity, and this can prove fatal unless proper steps are taken.
Moreover, many apartment complexes don’t have separate play areas where kids can get together and have fun, and for this reason, many kids end up playing in potentially dangerous areas like the terrace and on the roads.
Ensuring that your kids are safe during your stint in an apartment complex can be quite hard, but you’ll need to take up the responsibility of managing their daily activities.
An Open Window Can Spell Major Safety Trouble in an Apartment Complex
How You Can Do It
There are many steps that you can easily follow, so that no mishaps occur during your stay in an apartment complex.
- Ensure that your kids are under your supervision whenever they’re within the complex. You can teach your kids the importance of being safe, and you can subtly highlight the dangers that can occur so that they take it seriously.
- Talk to the members of your apartment association and ensure that the terrace has safety nets and proper iron railings. The terrace should ideally have a parapet wall that’s more than 1.5 meters in height, and the iron railings can be provided on top of this.
- The access doors that lead to the terrace should be kept closed and locked at all times. The apartment association can grant keys to every family, and parents should ensure that these keys are kept out of their kids’ reach.
- Separate play areas for kids can be created in a very safe space where they’ll be exposed to minimum dangers. This will dissuade kids from playing in other open spaces, including parking lots and roads. Make sure that your kids don’t end up playing in the balcony on any account.
- Iron railings can be placed in balconies as well so that people (not just kids!) don’t rest or sit on the balcony wall.
- Install window guards if your flat is located anywhere above the first floor. You can get window guards for your home easily as they are available in all hardware stores.
You can also get the apartment security personnel to closely watch all kids when they’re not accompanied by adults in any particular section of the apartment complex. These safety measures are necessary in all apartment complexes, and they need to be strictly followed.
ApnaComplex is a web based apartment management software. It is designed to make the life of residents and owners a lot better by brining in more transaparency and accountability in manging the complex. Sign up your complex today and get the benefits!
This article aims at collating and providing information for benefit of ApnaComplex customers and blog readers. While ApnaComplex has taken every care to ensure the information is accurate, we suggest to please use it only as a guidance for further discussion and action with help of relevant professionals. If you need professional advise on this topic and any other property related matters, please send your request through our contact us form. You may post your questions/inputs in the Comments section below and we will try and get them answered through relevant subject matter experts.