The summer brings along bright colors and brighter moods into a housing society, and you should get your house ready and tweaked just for the season. You can give your flat a neat summer makeover without going through the expense of redesigning your interiors.
Here are some makeover tips for housing society members, to bring in the summer feel into the house.
- If your walls are painted in dark colors, relieve them by putting up bright cheerful wall hangings.
- If you can, try painting one wall in a warm color that sets off the other walls, and has the effect of brightening up the room.
Cushions and Covers
Throw some warm colored cushions on the sofa. Change the upholstery to match the summer colors.
Remove the dark curtains and replace them with light colored drapes. Not only will they add warmth to the color scheme, they will absorb less heat and keep the interiors cool.
Kitchen and Dining Areas
- Use warm colors in your dining area. Use a bright colored table cloth, and bright place mats.
- Place bowls of fruits in the kitchen and dining areas. Start using bright colored kitchen cloth too.
- Use bright colored crockery to add to the summer feel, and all these can keep your spirits up.
Put in light colored towels and curtains in the bathroom, and make sure that the bathroom is well equipped as you’ll be using it regularly to beat the heat.
- Replace the heavy winter rugs and carpets on the floor with light, summer colored rugs.
- If you have a bright polished flooring, remove the rugs and carpets where possible, to let the polished floor reflect the light and make the room brighter.
Put up some brightly themed paintings, to bring a fresh look into your house. Pictures of beaches or other tropical themes will add to the summer effect.
Use air fresheners with a fresh citric feel. Freshen up the house with lime, mint or other similar fragrances.
Lights and Colors
- Use bright colored lamp shades.
- Replace the quilts with cool sheets. Use sheets with cheerful, warm patterns, to lighten up the room.
- Throw open windows during the cooler parts of the day to let in some light.
- Clear the clutter. Keeping your room free of clutter will make it seem bigger and lighter.
- Bring in some fresh bright colored flowers, and put them in vases.
If you have a common garden, include it in your makeover. Put in some potted plants with fresh new blooms. Your housing society can plan ahead by planting colorful flowers and shrubs that will burst into fresh blooms and cheery colors during the summer.
You can of course, go ahead and do a whole summer makeover for your home. If you don’t want to burn a hole through your pocket, just use your imagination, and make use of things that you already have.
Get your Society on ApnaComplex – Today!
ApnaComplex is India’s most comprehensive web based housing society accounting, management and communication software. It is designed to make the life of residents and owners a lot better by bringing in more transparency and accountability in managing a housing society. Check out the features of ApnaComplex and sign up your society today to get the benefits! We offer a free 15-day trial as well so that you can try before you buy!