Managing a society efficiently is a mammoth task. It involves commitment and dedication, team effort, and the ability to constantly improve the management methods and add innovation for the welfare of the society.
One such society is Keerthi Gardenia, located in Marathahalli, Bengaluru. Lieutenant Maniyan, President of Keerthi Gardenia, shares the ‘best practices’ implemented by his society which are benefitting them in the long run.
Water Treatment Plant (WTP)
Maniyan was quite proud of the measurements his society is taking when it comes to treating and reusing wastewater. He said, “we collectively strive for better hygiene and good health of our society members and we ensure both water and water-supplier, are good.
This has pushed us to implement a wonderful WTP (Water Treatment Plant) System in place. Our water filters are well maintained and make sure our water treatment plant is always in a good and operational condition. Here, I’d like to particularly thank our housekeeping team who cleanse the media filter for half an hour daily. If you don’t flush it, then the salt will sediment and the quality of the water will also be affected. Eventually, within a month, the filter will also not function as it is supposed to function.
Every member of the housekeeping actively takes turns to cleanse the media filter and maintain the WTP. While there are at it, they will also take a photo and share it with the Committee Members as proof”.
Keerthi Gardenia has taken three measures for water preservation – the Rainwater Filter and STP (Sewage Treatment Plant), and the Rain Water Harvesting Pit.
“You might have seen a black box or cylinder on the rooftop of a few apartments and we have such a system here as well. This is called the rainwater filter. This filter collects the rainwater that falls on the terrace, filters impurities and then the water is moved to the sump. This way we have reduced the water dependency from outside sources.
Secondly, our STP system is doing very well. The water is so transparent and free of impurities that even our vendor claims this can be used for drinking purposes, however, we don’t use it for drinking as of now. The treated water doesn’t carry any kind of smell and it is very clear and clean. The daily logging system we have in place is also proving how honestly we are maintaining the STP.
Once KSPCB (Karnataka State Pollution Control Board) audited this water sample and post which, they certified it as well stating Keerthi Gardenia is treating the water well”, explained Maniyan.
Speaking about Rain Water Harvesting, Maniyan said, “our apartment has been constructed on only 60% of the area, and the rest of the 40% is open or rather garden. In this land, we have created 10 Rainwater Harvesting pits. We ensure that the rainwater is collected properly and the excess water is released to the borewell”.
Smarter COVID management
Maniyan recounts how his society effectively took care of the COVID crisis and the measures they had taken especially when the cases were at their peak.
“When Corona cases were skyrocketing during April and May, the government had issued guidelines and one of them was people traveling must home quarantine mandatorily. In light of the then-developing events, our society created a voluntary framework to tackle the situation. We decided not to allow any vendors or online delivery agents inside the premises and the packages were asked to be left at the gate.
“Since we have a voluntary framework, our volunteers pick the deliveries from the gate and leave them at the doorsteps of the quarantined flats. If a package was left at the gate at 4 pm, by 4:15 pm, it was delivered to the flat by our volunteers. We were able to see the deliveries in real-time.
After a while, cases increased in our society too and we continued to follow this framework along with other COVID protocols. We went to great lengths to avoid gossiping about or treating COVID-positive residents as pariahs.
Another best thing is we had enormous voluntary support. Three or four volunteers came forward to help a single flat that was under 14 days home quarantine. Through these methods, I believe, we were able to effectively and successfully tackle the Coronavirus crisis”, concluded Maniyan.
From assisting with the water tank monitoring to helping track quarantined flats and vaccinated staff and residents, ApnaComplex helps with every aspect of society management. Our app is comprehensive and we are the only matured solution that caters to all the needs of a gated community. Schedule a free demo by clicking https://bit.ly/371rCx and manage your society effortlessly with the help of India’s No 1 Society Management Application!