This dance event commences in the night and continues till the wee hours of the morning, so it is all the more necessary to provide proper security during this festival.
Security Measures to be Taken Before Navratri
Some common security measures need to be enforced during Navratri as general resident movement with the housing society will be at an all-time high during this nine day festival. A few security measures that can be taken up are:
- Prior to the commencement of the Navratri festival, a complete identity check of all guards should be conducted and a photograph of those working within the housing society should be recorded and kept handy.
- Another important measure is that all outsiders who enter the housing society need to mention their names, surnames, the purpose of their visit and whom they’re there to meet.
- The guards need to contact the person staying in a particular apartment (through the intercom telephone system) and inform him about the guest. Only after the guard receives a nod from the resident should the guard let the guest enter the complex.
- Car parking must be strictly monitored and every person having a space in the parking lot needs to display the parking sticker before being allowed into the society.
- Many residents may order food from outside. In such cases, it is always advisable to first inform the resident and then send the person to the apartment.
- Burglar alarm systems can be installed in individual apartments within the housing society. Prior to Navratri, a proper check must be conducted to ensure that all alarm systems operate properly.
- Food and vegetable vendors and other people looking to sell wares should be evaluated and not everyone allowed into the housing complex.
- In many houses, laborers or workers may be hired for repair work. Such people should not be allowed to enter the housing society before, during and immediately after the Navratri festival.
- A complete identity check of all tenants must be conducted, especially before the Navratri festival.
- During the apartment association meeting, residents should be advised to maintain a keen eye and in case there’s any space for suspicion, the same should be immediately reported to the apartment association.
- Identity cards can be issued to maids, cooks, laundry boys and other daily workers who enter the society. This is a long term solution that can help the apartment association maintain proper security within the housing society throughout the year.
Prevention is always better than cure, so it is always advisable that guards as well as residents take an extra effort to enforce as well as abide by the strict security rules imposed during the Navratri festival.
Get your Society on ApnaComplex – Today!
ApnaComplex is India’s most comprehensive web based housing society accounting, management and communication software. It is designed to make the life of residents and owners a lot better by bringing in more transparency and accountability in managing a housing society. Check out the features of ApnaComplex and sign up your society today to get the benefits! We offer a free 30-day trial as well so that you can try before you buy!